General Information about Our Forms
All service request forms are reviewed by Student Advisors and responded to via email. Service requests will only be processed once the appropriate request form and documentation (if required) are submitted to Undergraduate Student Services.
Academic Requirements Check
Are you registered in a course to meet a specific requirement of your degree, and it is not fulfilling that requirement according to your Academic Requirement Report in Bear Tracks? Submit a request for an Academic Requirements Check.
This request is for those students who do not have a Program Sheet and use the Academic Requirements Report on Bear Tracks.
If you want a Student Advisor to check your registration to ensure that your course selections are accurate and you are on track with your program, submit a request for a Registration Check.
This request form is for those students who have a Program Sheet and need their registration reviewed, and their Program Sheet updated.
Change of Major/Minor
Students in Secondary are allowed to apply for a change to their major and/or minor once every 12 months.
Please note that requests for a change of major and/or minor are reviewed by a committee considering the following: capacity in a particular major or minor, potential field experience capacity, and Grade Point Average.
Committee review timelines:
- Requests submitted between July 1 - November 15 will receive a decision and response by December 1
- Requests submitted between November 16 - February 28 will receive a decision and response by March 15
- Requests submitted between March 1 - June 30 will receive a decision and response by July 15
Note: New students are only able to submit a Change of Maj/Min after October 1 of their first term
Letter of Permission
If you want to take a course at another institution while in the Faculty of Education, you must obtain permission from Undergraduate Student Services prior to registration. Your request will be reviewed by a Student Advisor once you submit a request for a Letter of Permission.
As soon as you have registered in your final degree requirements on Bear Tracks, submit a Graduation Check to confirm that you are on track to graduate. At the same time, apply for graduation on Bear Tracks. If you are not able to apply for graduation on Bear Tracks, a Student Advisor will apply on your behalf when you submit a Graduation Check.
The deadlines for submitting a Graduation Check are as follows,
Fall term - January 1st (convocation ceremony in June)
Winter term - May 1st (convocation ceremony in June)
Spring term - July 1st (convocation ceremony in November)
Summer term - September 1st (convocation ceremony in November)
If you want to take more than *15 credits in the Fall or Winter terms, submit a request for a Fall/Winter Course Overload.
- Fall/Winter Course Overload Form Please note: Fall/Winter Course Overload Forms will be reviewed starting May 1.
If you want to take more than *6 credits in the Spring or Summer terms, submit a request for a Spring/Summer Course Overload.
- Spring/Summer Course Overload Form Please note: Spring/Summer Course Overload Forms will be reviewed starting January 15.
If you completed a course that fulfills a degree requirement and would like credit for the course, submit a Credit Check. Your request will be reviewed by a Student Advisor provided we have a copy of your transcript.
If you want to take a break from your program for a period of 12 months and reserve your spot in the program, submit a request to pause your program.
Pause Program forms can be submitted in person to Undergraduate Student Services. If you are not able to come in person, your form and documentation can be emailed to email@example.com. You can print, fill out, and scan the form to attach to the email or, alternatively, you can save an electronic copy of the completed form to your computer and attach the saved copy to your email.
Deferred Final Exam
If you were not able to write your final exam as scheduled, submit a request for a deferred final exam. Excused absences are not granted automatically and will be considered on a case-by-case basis. You must provide adequate documentation to support your request. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have missed a final exam due to incapacitating mental and/or physical illness, domestic affliction or other serious reasons, you may apply to Undergraduate Student Services to defer your final exam. Before applying, please make note of the following.
- As stated above, applications are not automatically approved. Undergraduate Student Services reviews the reason for your absence to see if it falls within the guidelines for granting a deferred exam and contacts your instructor to check if there are any issues with attendance/participation or outstanding coursework. At any point in this process, your request may be denied.
- Applications require supporting documentation related to the reason for your absence. We will not be able to process your request until the Deferred Final Exam form and supporting documentation is provided.
- Applications are not approved in advance of your final exam. The deferred exam process is designed to address unforeseen circumstances, like incapacitating illness, that occur on the day of your exam and prevent you from being able to write.
This information applies to final exams only. If you are absent from midterm examinations, you must contact your instructor.
Deferred Final Exam forms can be submitted in person to Undergraduate Student Services. If you are not able to come in person, your form and documentation can be emailed to email@example.com. You can print, fill out, and scan the form to attach to the email or, alternatively, you can save an electronic copy of the completed form to your computer and attach the saved copy to your email.